Gaelcholáiste Chomáin is a centre of learning where everyone is treated as an individual. The staff and students work together to achieve excellence in a safe and friendly environment in an atmosphere of mutual respect and co- operation.
We intend to develop this resource through the curriculum provided through the medium of Irish that caters for the personal and collective needs of our students. We give priority to the special ethos of our Gaelic School, with emphasis on language, culture and Gaelic tradition.
The educational aims of Gaelcholáiste Chomáin Ros Dumhach are:
- To offer an education through the medium of Irish that strives to liberate, empower and motivate students to use their individual talents with confidence.
- To promote the moral, academic, social and personal development of students in consultation with their parents.
- To encourage a pursuit of excellence and encourage each student to develop to their full potential.
- To offer a broad holistic curriculum to enable students to reach their full potential and to develop an appreciation of learning.
- To give every opportunity to students to develop powers of critical reflection thereby building independence of mind as a means towards responsible citizenship.
- To nurture a sense of appreciation of heritage and culture.